Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers HasLab Victory Saber ? New Official Color Prototype 360 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
True, but Rodimus would have a larger production run, and lower ancillary costs to get to retail. All of which allows Hasbro to offer it at a lower price for retailers to sell.

Victory Saber is a lower production run, and Hasbro takes on all the costs of getting it to the consumer (shipping to each country, and logistics to get them shipped out within country through local partners). Thus a higher cost to Hasbro specificially. Especially since they offer free shipping in the US, and only $30 for Canada. Which with current postal/shipping rates is a money loser for the larger items. I mean I just received my Sentinel yesterday, and there is no way Canada Post, or FedEx in this case, would have shipped this for less than $40 (Cdn) even with whatever discount they give Hasbro.

Now of course all of that is factored into the price, but again that contributes to the final price.

Anyway, I agree that the price might be a bit higher than I would have liked, but I also get why these projects are so much higher.

Price aside, I was more disappointed with the unlock tiers. They would have most likely included all of these items in a regular release, so the fact they consider these extras as something special is kind of lame.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.