Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 06:48 PM   #2
VicRav
Machine War
Re: Fun Topic: To toss boxes or to not toss?!

I have always tossed them because I don't display MISB and it just takes up space to store them. Sometimes I keep some boxes for a little while, but most get tossed eventually. I currently have a couple empty boxes stored - Two MP boxes for the two MPs I have and the Devastator reissue box. I have 5 figures in boxes - Siege Jefire, Siege Reflector box set, Earthrise Sky Lynx, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus and G1 Optimus Prime Reissue (no trailer). CW Ultra Magnus I picked up used and the seller sold it with the box, I am planning to give it to my son at some point - once he has it the box will go. Once the three Siege/Earthrise guys go back out on permanent display there boxes will likely go. The G1 Prime is the only figure I currently plan to keep MISB.

I like a lot of the artwork on boxes and if space wasn't a concern I would probably keep most of it, plus it is nice for reselling. I have picked up a lot of used figures that came with boxes/cardbacks, sometimes I feel more guilty tossing those boxes/cardbacks because it came from a collector who maintained them and was nice enough to pass it on to me. However, the almighty space issue. I designated a certain amount of space for storage and display, early in collecting boxes occupied more of that space, but eventually got weeded out in order to add more figures.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.