Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
elburrito
Animated
Re: Badcube OTS-12 - Lorry review/discussion

The design of the knee is curious. The "thigh" and "shin" are connected by a double-hinges which in turn connects with a floating "knee" piece. Further, the top double hinge connects to the thigh with a further hinge. The result is that the knee could be adjusted from a number of points, but the way the joints are set forces all three to work together when one bends the knee and prevents the knees from bending the opposite direction.

The lower leg transformation is an exercise in patience. In the end, mine all tabbed, folded, slotted together nicely. Nothing comes apart when I adjust the legs. There are so many moving pieces of plastic in the legs (some of which need be moved simultaneously) that I would not be surprised if minor adjustment issues led to improperly tabbing parts on some of the others. I don't even have Speedbump though so my comments are based on Lorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
Are the legs solid on lorry? Can you pose without pieces coming undone? Seemed that badcube trailbreaker had that issue on all the reviews I've seen.
I agree that Lorry is perhaps not the best available representation of Hoist, but it is imo an excellent one (assuming that Hoist is just a tank of a robot) and I have issues with the quality of X transbots.

regardless of which a person goes with though, it is really nice to have the different options for similar molds characters. Especially in this case where Trailbreaker was generally drawn as tall and lean and Hoist short and plump. Again, while shorter than OX Trailbreaker, this bot is still quite tall. As for plump, this guy is an absolute tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I was tempted to do the same thing but I want to see what
X-Transbots does. When comparing the 3 the X really nailed the animation look better than the rest

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...-jpg.27623110/

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 01-31-2017 at 07:00 PM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.