Thread: Amazon.ca Deals
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #172
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Amazon.ca Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337w422102 View Post
I don't know, man, I'd rather just get a KO MP Shockwave for about that price.
It's a different thing altogether.. MP is for the looks and details but is fragile, and Siege is for "play" and built quite solid, but it does have a LOT of details and extra value with the add-on parts that can be used with the other Siege figures.

It really depends on what you plan to do with him.. as a display only or actually play/fiddle and transform him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.. sounds like consensus is 52.97 is probably more than what it should cost but still within reason
Consider that the normal price is 70$ and many bought it with the only regret was that it was 70$ instead of 50$, myself included.

At 53$ (rounded) I would have jumped on it, especially once you get it in hand and feel the quality of this figure compared to almost every wave figure for the last 10 years.

I'd say that in the Siege line, he is probably one of the best figure for quality of it, tied with Optimus and Ultra Magnus. Is he perfect? nah, none of the Siege are, but they are darn close, just sad that they are at maybe 90% of "perfect" but feels like the designers went with "well, this is good enough, it'll sell like this just fine".

For this is of course the few empty parts, and some design details that could have been done a bit better, for Shockwave, my biggest pet peeve are the "canons" on the add-on piece that could have been separate pieces that would have movement instead of just molded onto it.

So.. if you were to ask me, do I have regrets at buying him at 70$, I'd say what I stated above.. at 70$ he is overpriced. At 50$ it's actually acceptable and I wish that I would have gotten him at that price instead.. BUT that said, do I regret getting him (regardless of the price dilemma)? Absolutely not, aside my pet peeve, he is a great figure. I got him the first time I saw him, and never saw him again for a good 2 months (about) and that was only once or twice.. so I could have missed him (unless purchased online).
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.