Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: POTP Optimal Optimus Review

I respect your view for sure, but I also completely disagree. I thought Rodimus was nothing better than a test shot, at best, which is probably why he is rotting on shelves here and a transformation that is a nuisance. Now, that said, to be fair, the alt modes of Optimal Optimus were always ridiculous anyway, so no real shock there. Blame the source material for that one. I also agree about the hollowness of the gorilla, but I would personally always keep the back pack attached I think. I don't find everything about the transformation easy. That accursed plane mode is brutal on my copy when it comes to trying to attach the two halves to each other and it is impossible to lift the Optimal Optimus head out of its space in, say, surfboard mode without wedging it with something. I am beyond impressed with how versatile he is and there is so much to do, explore and fan mode. He definitely needs the upgrade kit though and he doesn't feel any cheaper than any other figure, soooo... He's no Optimus Prime, but he obliterates that mess they tried to pass off as Rodimus Prime.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.