Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Repaints & Minor Mods New 'Con to the ranks
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
plowking
wanna be Canadian
New 'Con to the ranks

This dude started out as a junker Grapple from eBay that was missing parts, and had heavy gouges in the windshield.

Thanks to J R Van Wagner from "The Cybertron Cafe" group for hooking me up with the parts I needed to make him whole again...it's rather difficult to find someone willing to part ways with "just an arm"

I did my best to get the windshield flat again...had to sand, and sand, and sand some more to get it flat again, I unfortunately sanded away the wipers in the process, but the end result is much better than what I started with.

The head is from Cybertron Dropshot. The hand and hammer are from TF: Prime Magnus, The "gun-hand" is a combination of parts from a Star Wars TF, and an Armada Megatron.

Alt mode is supposed to be an overhead boom utility service truck. (thanks Chans!)

Paints used are Krylon Satin Black, some off brand Safety Green, Model Masters Silver and Satin Black (both Acrylics) and Testors Gloss Silver (enamel) 'Con insignia is courtesy of Reprolabels.

First time in years I've went this "in depth" with a custom...actually had a blast making him. Hope you guys dig him as much as I do.

Thanks to James aka Transformatics James for the inspiration. Loved his (Award Winning) take on Long Haul from the same mold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meangreen004.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	27144   Click image for larger version

Name:	meangreen001.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	27145   Click image for larger version

Name:	meangreen002.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	27146   Click image for larger version

Name:	meangreen003.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	27147   Click image for larger version

Name:	meangreen005.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	27148  

WAIT!...issa wobot anna twuck?!
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.