Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Heavy Mods & Scratchbuilds tfcon auction sound.... poll/wip
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
tfcon auction sound.... poll/wip

so for this years auction,i've decided to do a second of a custom i did awhile back which received pretty good reviews/feedback,true classics soundwave from a 2pac classics deluxe prime.
this weekend i'm snagging another extra wfc soundwave for the guns and head from a fellow local member,and i actually managed to find a junker 2pac prime.
he came to me in two halves,no rifle,no truck mode grill,no bracket that helps lock his hip swivel in place and no smoke stacks.

how i received 2pac prime.

and the hotglue filling/weight adding begins.
if you fill a cavity about 1/16" away from the top,you can then come back again once it's somewhat semi hardened and fill in the rest so that the hotglue sit's just below or flush with the top of the cavity you are filling.
within moments,take some wax paper or the paper backer from adhesive vinyl(personal preference) and press it onto the glue evenly,wax side to the glue while it's cooling.
once the paper is on and you have it pretty level with the top of the cavity,blow on it to cool the glue faster.
once cooled,simply peel back the wax paper and you now just balanced/added weight to a bot.

the chunk on the right was filled just below the cavity top.
the one on the left is now flush to the top and only required some filling in on the corners.

both pieces on the right are ready for reassembly while the two on the left remain untouched so far.

the toes on the left have certain areas filled while the right one is still not filled.

because i was lazy,i simply drilled two 1/4" holes into his front,one in each windshield.
this was done to be able to add more weight to him by injecting hotglue into his chest(giggity)

after some reassembly and some choice cutting/clipping/sandind,this is where he stands now,ready to enter the styrene phase.
beside him is what i'll be shooting for again,but it's up to you guys and who ever is attending tfcon this year on which scheme you would rather try to bid on, soundwave (blue)or soundblaster(black).
what say you guys?
by next friday is when i'll end the poll and go the route that receives the most votes.

Last edited by chans formers; 04-26-2013 at 01:27 AM.
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.