Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #54
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Ok, I'm calling you naive. Tr shelves are always full of too much stuff that isn't moving.
That's fair, but hasn't been my experience. TF's fly off the shelves around here like hotcakes, sale or no sale, people are buying these things. If I wanted to pick up POTP Dinobots right now, I wouldn't be able to find a set, and those are a year and a bit old. Hell even Abominus would be hard to find all the parts for. Figures that are rarer or have weird distributions (IE POTP Wreck-Gar), you'll never see without making a deliberate effort to find them. If something comes shortpacked, you've gotta be more than on the ball to find one at retail. Maybe that's just Calgary, idk, I don't claim to be able to speak to the state of TF trends in other cities, but it's pretty cutthroat out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
From TF, I have some masterpiece, but mostly got them from reasonable prices on sale. But had to stop buying those because of the very high cost. What I always liked about transformer general retail releases were they were great toys, mostly available on shelves, and the value cost was was there. With siege, the main benefits are there (its a very interesting line) but the prices are higher than my comfort factor. So, I have kept my budget the same and this means i wait for sales, and take the chance on missing some figures I won’t find on sale before their gone. I have decided to be ok with this. Do I wish the figure were a bit cheaper so I could buy more? Sure, but at the same time I want the quality and design to be great. So I will buy what I am comfortable with, but less, and support the line as I am able without putting myself out.
Agreed 100%. A fun hobby should remain a fun hobby, if it becomes a financial burden, or an obstacle, or just plain undesirable/unpalatable, cut back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
All I want to say is, yes, we don’t like the new prices on Siege but looking at that 3.75” (sorry I said 6” in my original post) Ryu & Black Widow set, a crappy figures set IMHO, a deluxe Siege anything is bad but not that bad. At least I have a lot of fun with my Cog.

I guess toys/collectibles prices are on the upward swing. Even third party stuffs are getting a lot more expensive same with the official MPs. Too bad my paycheck is not. I guess I will have to pick and choose what to buy, where to buy and when to buy a bit more careful these days. I don’t expect things to be free or prices stay the same over the years, but it sounds like I will have to buy less when the jump in price is so huge percentage-wise.
Yep absolutely. Sorry didn't mean to derail. Two 3.75"s for $30 is bonkers. Makes me glad I'm not a superhero guy. And although Cog is, IMO, a turd, I'm glad he exists, and I'm happy to have one, and I had fun with it, but goddamn for $30 they could have at least put a joint in the rotate the shoulder from side to front so you didn't have to partsform his arms a centimeter away from their position.

And yes that seems to be the unfortunate truth, either "buy less" or "increase your budget", which, given the state of our economy, increasing isn't a great choice for most people. It's not a great time to be a toy fan.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.