Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #36
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Charlie had a better backstory, but Sam had a better Fore story. And he wasn't shallow, that's comic relief. And his connection with bumblebee was quite genuine.

And this movie was not The Girl Who Loved Powerglide.
Not at all.
His comedy was gold, that is not what I mean by shallow. Sam’s connection with Bumblebee was fine as well, but I wouldn’t suggest at all that Charlie’s wasn’t.

It was easy to identify with Charlie’s motivations. She was a fully realized character that we got to know well as viewers, that we got to connect with emotionally. She wants to help Bumblebee because there are layers that make them similar despite their obvious differences.

Charlie lost her family and is broken. Bumblebee lost his family and is broken. The story was about both of them healing and reuniting with their families, while forming a their own friendship.

It presents a fully realized story arc for both characters, something very different from Michael Bay’s style of film making.

Now you can completely agree, as you did, with the poster here that called the film “generic Hollywood shit”, but for me there was something more there.

I think it boils down to something I enjoyed seeing on screen in a Transformers film, something we have not seen before, that you were not wanting to see.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.