Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 05:37 PM   #5
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Bumblebee And Cheetor In-Package I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Yes, but it's okay because the original Beast-era toys often also had that same kind of transformation, and apparently we can't expect a $45 Voyager from 2023 to be any better than a $15 Deluxe from the late '90s.
The biggest let down of this toy, is they have the technology, the know-how, and the experience to make a much better, more complex figure. This one has the same amount of appeal to me, as an old power ranger toy, where the head flipped over from masked to the face.
I'll admit, they put a lot of detail and sculpt work into this figure, and it looks like it should, perfectly like the on screen character (probably). They likely couldn't do that level of detail long ago.
But there's more to transformers than just having a nice looking figure. For me, at least, I look for a fun and interesting transformation first.

I hope they give these characters actual personalities in the movie. It's so easy for them to just give the sidekicks such throw away lines. I hope they give everyone the chance to speak at least.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.