Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #10
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron
Re: Automaton - Cyclonus for $23.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I have purchased from BBTS, TFSource, and Automaton. The prices for all Sites are in USD, so you can directly compare and see that Automaton often has the same prices. Shipping from Automaton is always cheaper, and when I have purchased from BBTS and TFSource, I always get hit with customs (or duties or brokerage, whatever) fees. The US stores have been more expensive for all of my purchases.

I'm not saying that Automaton is perfect, but I have gotten good service. I don't understand the idea that because they charge in USD, then you might as well go to a US store for all your future purchases. That seems short-sighted. Do what you want, but it makes more sense to me to compare the prices on the item that you want to buy before you decide where to buy. But maybe I'm just old.
I do the same thing, compare the cost and the sites. Sometimes the cost of the figure is cheaper from the US, but the shipping and customs fees are way more then I want to spend. I usually go to Automaton and use the OOH option. They will pile a bunch of stuff into a box and ship at a flat rate of $10 US. This is usually the best option for me.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.