Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Thumbs up Maketoys Yellow Giant VS TFC Hercules Review Comparison *FINAL FACEOFF*

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Mermaids & Mermen, Robots & Fembots! Come one, come all to this Glorious Event of Giant Proportion!

The Larger than Life confrontation you've all been waiting for! But First, tonight, for your eyes only you will witness the confrontations of both 6 "Not-Desvastator" parts individually, in a VS comparison.

Until the moment you've all been waiting for; the main events of TFC Hercules VS Maketoys Yellow Giant!!!!

6 Pre-Matches that pits:
Dr.Crank VS Crane
Exgraver VS Excavator
Heavy Labor VS Dump Truck
Mad Blender VS Mixer
Neck Breaker VS Bulldozer
Structor VS End Loader

And the very Best at the end, the one you've all been waiting for, the match of the Titans: HERCULES VS YELLOW GIANT!

So Ok... I just want to make a Maketoy Yellow Giant Review, but of course, I will be doing a lot of comparison with TFC Hercules... Both are 3rd Party, both are the same representation of Devastator, both are very expensive... Whether you do not know which one to pick up, of maybe you only want some of them characters individually but do not know which one... I hope this review and comparison will help you out.

So lets Start The First Match. Exgraver VS Excavator

First Up, the Vehicule Mode:

Exgraver's vehicle mode looks awesome, I personally think its "almost" perfect; it looks great, rolls, the crane arm is my favourite part; all articulated with moving pistons and everything... even the Giant hand tucks perfectly in the back of the vehicle mode. The down side, and that goes for Every TFC Hercule's parts: not much details... few paint apps here and there, but nothing major, as a single vehicle and robot, he looks good, but overall still would need more decals/stickers/paint job IMO.

Excavator's vehicle mode also looks incredible, I love the amount of Details and paint job there is on it... not a single decal/sticker... the details you see: All painted on. Very very detailed. What I dont like much is the Crane arm... the shovel part is not articulated, you have movement at the "shoulder" of the crane and another one in the middle... that is it... very disappointing that there is not much articulation there, with pistons and all like Exgraver. But IMO Excavator's Vehicule mode looks much more realistic, they probably took model a real truck and started making the robot from that. I love it. Excavator comes with a little trailer (that become's the Giant's forearm and hand) I like the idea... unfortunately, in vehicle mode there is no way to attach the trailer to the vehicle mode. That sucks.

Robot Mode:

Exgraver's Robot is straight forward, I like how the threads makes the legs and feet. I particularly like the idea of having the detachable crane arm... stick it on the arm, use it as a reaching weapon, or stick it in his back. The down side of the robot mode... well, if you're like me and love when everything tucks away nicely, Exgraver can tuck away the Giant purple hand in his back... but it looks mighty weird having a big hand grabbing his ass. Sure it tucks in... but...yeah...

Excavator's Robot mode is pretty awesome, I love the general transformation. Its more intricate than Exgraver. I personally like it when transformations are intricate. like Exgraver, Excavator uses the threads as legs, but they have a bit more transformations to it. Arms also transforms in the same kind of way, but my only complaint about the robot mode is that the Crane arm cannot be detached from his right arm. I like how it tucks away on his arm, but when its opened up to be used as a weapon (sorta) it kinda look fugly 'cuz its angled downward. The other thing I dont like about him is the fugly backpack he carries. its not very big but really feels like it doesnt belong there. The back pack consist of the joint & plug for connecting the forearm and shoulder while making the Giant. its an important part, but still dotns looklike it belongs on a robot. Lastly the trailer/forearm & hand can be use as a sort of weapon for Excavator. The idea is cool, but the results... meh... it sorta look like a big ass jackhammer for construction... not much as a weapon you'd normally bring to a fight. That weapon feels more like a last minute add just to make use of the trailer in robot mode.

So how about we do a little Recap:
Exgraver: Simple looking, simple transformation, detachable crane arm is nice, great way to tuck big purple hand in vehicle mode, but very ugly way to tuck the hand in robot mode and he could use a bit more details/paint apps.

Excavator: Intricate transformation that I really love, realistic looking vehicle mode, nice looking robot mode, but the crane arm could have use more articulations joint, the trailer is a nice add-on, yet in vehicle mode the trailer doesn't attach itself nowhere, and in robot mode the trailer makes a sorta jackhammer... good idea... but final result when you place it in his hands... meh.

Even if I really really really love Excavator, I'm going to give this fight to Exgraver.

Don't go anywhere, Match 2 is up. The fighters are
Neckbreaker VS Bulldozer

Vehicule Mode:
Neckbreaker... I personally think Neckbreaker is the weakest link in all of TFC Hercules. His vehicle mode looks nice... but then... you look closer... and you start to see parts that doesn't hold up too good with each others... The arms in particular, under the arms, you see tabs that should peg into the arms to hold them on the torso, but they don't seem to hold in there at all. Then the cabin also has tabs for the arms to plug in, again they don't seem to hold in there either. Next up the Shovel doesn't hold too good... a mere bump and the shovel breaks apart from its transformation. And finally, the biggest problem... ugh... the huge hand in the back... I know its optional, you can remove it and the vehicle mode looks 100x better... but like I said, it came with it, it "should" tuck there... so I'm taking it into consideration. IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT!... There...

Bulldozer Vehicle mode is just awesome... just like Excavator he looks like a very realistic bulldozer, the paint apps are superb, very detailed... but alas suffers from the very same problem as Excavator, he also has a trailer which doesnt attach to the vehicle mode.

Robot Mode:

Neckbreaker's robot mode is nice, the legs transforms exacly like Exgraver, but there is a lot more going on in the arms and torso, that I really like. I love how the shovel folds up and makes a chest shield. And I really like the options you have to pose the feet; either you use the shovel as feet, upward or downward, or you tuck the shovel as pads and use the same type of feet asExgraver. But again, just like Exgraver, the giant hand tucks away and grabs his ass... not a pretty sight.

Bulldozer shares a lot of similarity with Excavator, Same legs transformation, similar arms folding transformation, even looks a lot like him... twins you think? Mostly the major difference is the head (looks and transformation) and weapons... Bulldozer's shovel becomes his weapons, kinda 2 axes... I really love this, its a neat idea. But again, just like his twin brother, he also suffers with his fugly back pack which consist of arm and shoulder joint for when he becomes the Giant. Oh and he also has the same problem with the trailer/arm &hand... Makes another jackhammer... Meh!

So how about we do a little Recap of this 2nd match:

Neckbreaker: Good looking Robot mode with nice options to make the feet as you like, stands out from his similar counter part Exgraver, with a nice different transformation... but vehicle mode is very poor, doesnt tab and hold correctly, fragile, very fugly giant hand grabbing his butt.

Bulldozer: Amazing looking Bulldozer vehicle mode, realistic, great use of shovel has weapons, nice intricate transformation, but a bit too similar to his counterpart Excavator, back pack joints doesnt look too good, trailer doesnt attach to vehicle and makes a jackhammer weapon for robot mode that looks very "Meh"

Although Neckbreaker has a good looking robot mode, his vehicle mode is too... "kibbly" and the giant hand really ruins both mode... This one goes to Bulldozer

Unfortunately, that is all for tonight... I thought I would have enough time to post everything tonight, but lots happened tonight and now its late and I work in the morning. Tune back Sunday Evening for the 2nd part of this Epic fight among Giants!

Sunday Will Showcase
Heavy Labor VS Dump Truck
Dr.Crank VS Crane

Good Fight! Good Night!

Last edited by Slave; 06-16-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: fixed title
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.