Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 58 - Our Latest Masterpiece

Good to hear BotCon/FunPub/Hasbro can't touch anything sold in hotel rooms at BotCon. Because I planning on bringing a bunch of those Headmasters set to sell there. Wouldn't want them confiscated.

I think you guys might have been a little harsh on Transformers Prime. Though you did have point in saying that the end of these multi-part episodes, nothing much has happened, especially when compared to Beast Wars.

Although I think it's more of a changing in writing styles from when we were kids and today. Today kids have a lot more distractions than we did at their age. Not just video games, because we had video games too, but we'd always make use to keep an eye on the time and pause/save the game, so we don't miss the newest episode of Dragonball Z, or Reboot, or Digimon, or Justice League, or whatever. But kids also have the internet. So they're on YouTube. They're on Skype. Their IMing. They even got cell phones, the little bastards. The list going on and on. Asking a kid to sit down every Saturday at 8:30 and watch Transformers Prime week after week after week, that's nearly impossible today. So I think maybe they've toned down the continuity from episode to episode a bit just so that incase you miss an episode, you're not lost altogether. Where as if say you missed an episode of Beast Wars, you could be totally lost. So they still have threads of continuity in there for the dedicated fans. Just like how they have easter eggs for the hardcore fans. (BANTOR! Mother F******** Bantor, the mandrill/tiger Fuzor!)

As much as we'd love them to shake things up for a while, they have to leave things more or less the same for the sake of the kiddies. The one who watch regularly or ones just catching it for the first time. If they had left Optimus as a Decepticon all season, we would have had another G1 season 3 on our hands. No Optimus Prime. And no Optimus = no kids = no audience = no ratings and no toy sales.

And looking back at this last 2 parter, there's a lot of threads that will carry over to future episodes. The Hammer of Solus Prime. Machination being 1 step closer to builder their army of Sunstreaker clones...er, I mean MECH building their army of Robotech Fighters. Yeah, that's it.

I'm really digging some of those Asian market exclusive repaints. Namely:
Hot Spot-Although I'd prefer they use the Grapple mold with the ladder rather than Inferno with the little water. But who knows, maybe TFC will rerelease their Gear of War set if that happens)
Powerdive-Only if he bares a passing resemblance to Obsidian from Beast Machines. Which if I recall from BotCon, that's what his alternate head struck me as and with Micromaster Powerdives color scheme it could work
Megatron-This one actually works for me. Kind of a mix of G2(color scheme), Armada(cannon on his back), and Alternity(swords and overall samurai motif).
Springer-Really interested to see what he'll look like I really like the Tomahawk mold and almost bought that Vortex repaint.
Swerve-I think this really works the best out of all of these. And I think the alternate head is perfect for him. Almost like that's what it was meant to be used for. Hopefully he sees a domestic release.

Other than that, not much to say about the episode other than....zzz....zzzzzz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 03-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.