View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #26
Abominus Prime
Generation 1
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Plus PETER CULLEN IS EEYORE YOU HEATHENS

Funny story. Cullen talked about always doing the deeper characters, especially the yells and screams, at the end of the day because they destroyed his throat. And Wally burr was a notorious taskmaster. ��������
Having watched the pulsecon zoom call with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. They could still sound like they did back in the 80's G1 show. They voiced a couple examples as such.( Loved the John Wayne approach of Prime and the Metallic scratch of Megatron)

It's just like you said the demand to keep it up as they approach 80 is alot to ask of these legends. Also they're professional voice actors they're not A listers pulling in millions And millions (though I'm sure they are paid well and made sound financial investments).

As for the shows voice acting it's very generic. It feels a little better, but I think it's because there less characters with dialogue.

As for the voice acting in general im not gonna knock it, I'm sure they did the best they could and probably doing it for next to nothing. Being a fan if asked id do it for the exposure if given the oppertunity but only if Mr. Cullen and Mr. Welker turned it down to give others a chance.

And as for the over all show it's pretty much the same as the machina(my apologies for spelling) web series just with better art design. They shrunk down from 11 -12 , 11 min webisodes and condensed them into 6 , 22-24 min episodes. I really do believe they needed more episodes for better story telling, it feels rushed.

The title should also reflect the story your trying to tell. So Earthrise should be reserved for the last chapter. Nothing other then the last seconds of this chapter resembled what i would call Earthrise. Even an Odessy seems over top since they spent alot of time at the spacebridge or dead space.

Character development was not good. Maybe if most never knew anything about transformers ok . But the character development was already there which is why the proper voice direction and acting was important. As that's apart of the development as well. Everyone who watched the shows knows about the characters, thier personalities strengths and weaknesses. So having Skylinx who is, yes arrogant because of his intelligence but very humble and supportive for his fellow Autobots. Become a power hungry Neanderthal is something I would have thought more relatable to Megatron. Or Scorpinok if this chapter had spent time on a planet say oh I dont know... Nebulous(Again sorry for spelling lol ). And that Zarak' s character could have been explored being hes the headmaster of Scorpinok it would have made better sense.

I don't see this show as selling toys since the toys are already out before the show. More or less the toys selling the show.

I just hope Netflix learns something from this if they plan on doing more series in the future. You can probably fool people who may not have seen this before .But it's fan base will always know when a company is cutting corners. And this so far feels alot like that.
Abominus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.