Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:16 AM   #21
cr3d1t
Beast Machine
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

It was pretty bad, like Siege. A cheap show with bad writing, bad voice work, and bad action scenes. It’s so slowly paced I watched the last two episodes at 1.5x speed and it felt pretty much normal.

Megaton was the only character with true motivations. I don’t understand Optimus anymore. He’s an idiot. Elita wants to save everyone but is reckless and dumb. “It might be a trap”/“let’s go anyway”/“turns out it’s a trap””. How can the deceptions on Cybertron have such trouble with four Autobots? I laughed at Jetfire ineptly attempting stealth and getting seen. Amazing how shockwave has invisibility tech that also makes him intangible.

Easter eggs and reimaging of characters is fine, but everything about the show is so hackneyed and lazy and without personality that it’s really painful to watch. I want a good Transformers show and this ain’t it.

Still better than Machinima’s stuff but that’s barely a compliment.

After-post thoughts: they spent a third of the entire series on a broken space station. And then one episode in the dead universe. The whole show just stopped there and died. They barely leave Cybertron and get stuck at the first turn. They wasted three episodes on content barely better than filler. What was the point of Scorponock?

Last edited by cr3d1t; 01-02-2021 at 02:38 AM.
cr3d1t is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.