Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:03 AM   #9
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Finally finished my MP scale Transformers collection.

You know, as much as I want MP Combiners...the mere thought of having SO MANY G1 combiners, the hit and miss QC and the ever-insanely rising prices?

The analogy of the frog in the pot of water comes to mind.

But just imagine how LONG it would take Takara to release such a project...years! Five MP carbots?...literally years!

I'm still in of course, but...that's how I know I'll never get out of the game. Something as 'simple' as Season 1,2 and Movie characters as a goal is actually still pretty insane when you really look at it.

But...they got me. What can I say? I'm still enjoying the ride, particularly with Megatron MP. But...at some point? You really have to ask yourself the big questions about why (and how) you collect. I mean, all I collect are MPs and very VERY few mainline bots (all G1 inspired) and I'm running into display space issues.

It's like , "Put the blinders back on, man, and keep waiting!"...pretty much how it works for me The coneheads are damn near deal breakers for me as of late. I simply can't stand QC issues on MPs. When I look at the cool simplicity (and rugged durability!) of G1 toys from back in the day, I really wonder why they can't engineer collectibles that make QC issues a thing of the past. I know, costs..but, they're already expensive: why not bump up the price for something that actually is devoid of the kinds of issues we see with, say, the new Movie MP line? Isn't the product worth at least that?

Anyways, I hear ya. Glad to see you got to where you wanna go with the line.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.