Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Iron Man 3
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #13
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Iron Man 3

I won't say it was bad, but it definetly wasn't very good.

I felt that this film just really did not respect it's source material or its previous installments. The handling of Mandarin, which would seem like a fun twist to someone who has no roots in the greater story, comes across as a kick in the nuts to the core audience. It would be as if the Green Goblin were an actor hired by Mysterio to vex Spider-Man, or if the Joker was just a puppet of the Penquin.

Even that aside, there are just so many "WTF" issues with the film that kept pulling at me. The Iron Patriot, for example, seemed to only function when it needed to for the story. Rhodes couldn't use his weapons when he was captured, but Killian got to step into the suit and use it no problem. The President couldn't use the suit at all, but Rhodes could fire the hand blaster by just touching it.

Suits fall apart when hit too hard. They run out of power even though Tony has an arc reactor in his chest. All of the information on AIM is just one convenient computer hack away. Why was that annoying kid not an important Marvel character.

A lot of gripes, but it was still a decent mindless movie. Not ROTF bad, but, IMO, Dark Knight Rises kind if awkward.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.