Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #79
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 21 – Prime Wars Trilogy Punch/Counterpunch with Prima Prime Amazon Exclusive

So he finally showed up on Amazon.ca without being massively inflated. When we were first told about his placeholder I signed up for the alerts and when the first alert came on .ca it was through another seller with the amount of $123 or so and I wasn’t going to do that since I already have the TFCC version. Once he was at the $36 price tag I snagged it. So the question would be why 2? Only because I can put the TFCC version as Counterpunch and place him with the Decepticons and have this version as Punch with the Bots. We have also been told that he was misassembled right from the factory but I have read somewhere that it wasn’t so I’m not sure what to believe. Since the masses have actually shown that changing the parts actually makes for a better transformation I have done the same. Before I get into the figure I will say that I hope that they use this mold for Pointblank and finally give us Autobot Targetmasters. I can’t say how long I’ve been chiming for them to various people so c’mon Hasbro don’t let us down.

I went for Punch mode first since he was semi there and I had a hell of a time getting the shoulders tabbed in to the pegs. I noticed in some shots on Google and they didn’t even have them tabbed in at all.

Having compared him to the TFCC version I can’t say which I like better as I can see good qualities for each one as well as negatives. In Punch mode I don’t like the shoulder articulation that much, it’s either that or I haven’t worked it in enough yet for some poses I was trying but when I do Punch Vs Counterpunch later on I’ll try again. From there I went to Counterpunch mode and will say I like this better looks wise. I also have the same issue with him that I did with the other one in terms of only having one weapon. I get it that Hasbro doesn’t supply two types but much like when I shot TFCC P/CP I changed the weapons. If you are a double agent it seems stupid that your gun may give you away so for this guy I “borrowed” a sword from someone else just to give him a bit more of a different look. The alt mode is really nice IMO and I like the “double windshield" idea (shame the legs are as hollow as they are but oh well) and the red wheels are a nice touch. Actually come to think of it I guess his alt mode would be more of a giveaway than his gun but I can’t do much about that.

Anyway glad I did finally snag him as I think his good points outweigh his bad ones and he was a hell of a lot cheaper than the TFCC one by a long shot.

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.