Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Takara Tomy is going after "our" boys !!!!

Just so long it doesn't affect my chances of getting Protector and the other FP items I guess it really isn't that big a deal. Most third party items were never that big of an interest to me outside of the few choice items from FP and perhaps a few others.

That being said, considering that FP just helped a good number of people in Japan by encouraging TF fans to donate to recieve a special Sidearm repaint I find it very distressing that instead of commending these fans or trying to hire them onto their staff they are simply trying to destroy them utterly and irrevocably.

Some companies I could understand really, as they are no better than modern day pirates in the figures they choose to market. But when a few dedicated and talented fans attempt to give back to the franchise they love so much by creating add-ons and attachments for existing toys, how is that remotely a bad thing?

I find myself upset at such a development mostly because it may say something about legality and integrity for certain companies to go after such things, but it doesn't bode well for creativity... If that makes sense, I find myself lacking articulation at the moment, perhaps I just fell back into 1985 or something.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.