Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #22
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
I was hyped beyond reason at the beginning and through the intro Cybertron scenes.
I get why you can't have a whole movie like that due to cost and such, but holy hell all the cameos, and you could recognize everyone straight up.
Even if you could have the whole movie like that, awesome eye candy visuals and action scenes don't make a story alone.

Quote:
By the scene where Bee is fumbling around in the house, breaking things, I was out of the movie entirely. I didn't get the pace, I was bored, and didn't have enough of a grasp of the overall story/point to be enthusiastic.
That killed it. A lot of the movie was boring after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Man, Why is this such a TROPE of the Bay movies (which this still has the DNA of)? Oh, those silly, naive, clumsy alien robots! CHORTLES
Unfortunately, this is not just on Michael Bay's shoulders. 1 of the movie execs from Hasbro was interviewed about the 2007 film, and he said the clumsy scene outside Sam's house represented the essence of Transformers.

Different writers and director, but they still think this is what Transformers is about.

I found this 1 of the worst aspects of the Bayformers films, and unfortunately this movie had it in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
While I did enjoy Bumblebee I still think the 2007 movie was the best. Say what you will about Shia, at least it felt like he connected with Bee and all the CGI around him. Haliee was alright but moments where she is crying she has no tears and it just looks odd and fake to me. Shia wasnt afraid to cry to show he cared for Bee. Hell, just watch DOTM when Soundwave is offing Autobots and Bee is next in line.
I also found Haliee did a decent job, but with Bumblebee the only Transformer around plus not able to talk, she couldn't carry the movie on her own.
Shia at lest had Optimus Prime around, so he could have an intelligent conversation with a Transformer. Also, Sam's journey in ROTF was epic.

Neither Hailee nor Bumblebee had any epic vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
I'll just paste what I said in the movie's box-office thread:
Very agree.

Last edited by JLvatron; 01-09-2019 at 01:08 AM.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.