Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: How much does Habro Toy Store charge for shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
It's two fold really, Hasbro Toy Store would be competing directly with Hasbro Canada if they charged less for shipping over the boarder... So to avoid competing with themselves they treat Canada as an International Shipping destination.

What I don't get is WHY THE FUCK Hasbro Canada doesn't have an online presence for shipping direct in Canada. I mean if they can compete directly in the US through Hasbro Toy Store in the USA with regular retail outlets why the hell doesn't Hasbro Canada also operate a HTS.ca site for all the exclusives and stuff?

It makes no fucking sense to exclude us as it excludes direct profits with no middle-men from local retailers or e-tailers picking up SDCC exclusives and flipping them. I mean they could easily make a lot of buck if they offered a similar service for Canadians, but HTS while capable of shipping worldwide is directly tied in with a US location physically and so makes for a really limited option for profits.

Hasbro just has no god damned business sense when it comes to e-tailing.
Good points, but despite their customer service already being in Quebec, I'd venture to add that it's also because: 1) they don't have the necessary Canadian infrastructure (both physical and IT related) to handle an online presence (i.e.:take orders, ship out orders, handle customer support, etc...) or 2) they refuse to incur the capital expenditures needed to due to the size of the Canadian market relative to potential online revenue (we're not the American market) - it may cost them more to do this then keep the status quo going. 3) Another thing is that they have to educate the Canadian public to start shopping on an HTS.ca site, which would require some marketing, and almost be a difficult task to suddenly change consumer's habits. 4) More so they'd have to compete with their partners amazon.ca/walmart.ca, for the same small market, which they probably have established distribution deals with already.

Last edited by joelones; 08-09-2018 at 04:43 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.