Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Artwork

Derrick J Wyatt (2009) - Got this from Derrick after his first TFcon in 2009. Had to dig a little for it as it got lost in my archives here's the sketched Autobot's Magnus in command. Cool how he did this off the top of his head without any reference.

Derrick J Wyatt (2010)
– Drawn at TFcon 2010 by the man behind his creation himself...wanna know the awesome part? He coloured that in crayon...amazing. I was actually speechless when he handed it to me, and that doesn’t happen often.

Marcelo Matere (2010)
– Picked this up from the elusive TFA box artist at Botcon 2010...funny thing is it’s Roadbuster Ultra Magnus’s box art done in his original (G1 inspired) colours.

Eric Siebenaler (2010)
– A great story with this one from Botcon 2010. Hasbro would always hint at their future plans with a “STAY TUNED!” in their panel. So I ask Eric to draw me an original Ultra Magnus design...and I start getting a movie vibe off of this as he’s drawing it so making conversation I ask “I wonder what a movie version of Ultra Magnus would look like...” To which he looked up. Smiled. And said “STAY TUNED!”

O_o son. of. a. bitch.

(Perhaps he was hinting at this)

Alex Milne (2011) - Drawn on the back of C4's exclusive Drift #4, Alex wanted to draw me an Ultra Magnus...I'm pretty sure it was just to pass the time at the dismal show that was Anime North 2011...

Lenny Panzica (2011) - I think I'm going to make it a new tradition that every Botcon I'm going to try and get at least 1 Hasbro designer to sketch me an Ultra Magnus. This year I had the good fortune of meeting and chatting with Len Panzica who will be doing the designs for the Transformers Prime Deluxe line. Figured since he's working on Prime toys, it'd be awesome if he drew me a Prime Magnus...I got Prime "Magnes" instead, but can't help but love this drawing even more for that error :P Enjoy a glimpse into "what may be"...

Dan Khanna (2011) - Apparently I totally forgot to get something from Dan when he came to TFcon 2010, because even Daniel was all "YOU DIDN'T SEE HIS MAGNUS PRINTS?!". So I had to rectify this when I saw him at Botcon this year, grabbed a print and figured I'd hold off on all his other Magni related ones as the one I really wanted that he has posted on his DA sold out before I got there...damn my thirst for toys first. Colours are by Josh Perez...I love Josh...

Casey Coller (2011) - Round 2010 (under the reign of Andy Schmidt) IDW's art quality took a serious hit and their usual good artists were either not given work or replaced by inferior artists (see: Carlos Magno). But during this time there was one artist that was still able to rise above the rest and produce a cool mini-series for Ironhide. So when I saw Casey at Botcon 2011 with an Ultra Magnus print I couldn't help but bring myself to grab a print and let the man know how good of a job he's done.

Walter Gatus (2012)
- Walter Gatus, Transformers: Prime Character Designer, has a table at San Deigo Comic Con 2012. Colin (Super_Megatron) goes to San Deigo Comic Con 2012 and meets Walter Gatus. Colin gets an art book from Walter Gatus with a sketch of a character Walter Gatus designed for Transformers: Prime. Colin brings this book to TFcon 2012 and shows the sketch to Chris. Chris goes: O_O "THIS IS MINE!" and ran off with the book. Chris now has this book in his collection. The end.

Iron-on Patch (1986)
- Back in 1986 there were 10 iron-on patches that were included with mini-bots and combiner limbs. They were blind packed so you never really knew which one you were gonna get...thank you ebay for letting me know EXACTLY what I get :P Though the glue on the back is crystallized (then again like I was gonna put this on something other then my UM display shelf) it came still stuck to the iron-on card...I peeled it off for my, and now your, viewing enjoyment.

Robert Stack Autograph - An authentic autograph from the man himself who first voiced Ultra Magnus. Known for his deep voice and mostly for his work in The Untouchables and Unsolved Mysteries, Robert Stack played Ultra Magnus in his North American debut in the 1986 Transformer Movie. Unfortunately, Mr. Stack passed away in 2003 and I'd bet actually having anything Ultra Magnus related signed by him is quite quite rare. Eventually I'd like to frame this with a nice picture of Ultra Magnus from the 86 movie.

"The Case"
As of 07/01/11

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-13-2012 at 10:05 AM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.