Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Worlds Smallest Transformers (2010) - Made by Heero Toys Maker (not Hasbro), this Ultra Magnus trailer was made to fit WST White Convoy and is much nicer in proportions then Jizaitoys's attempt at WST Ultra Magnus released earlier that year. Picked this one up off ebay for $25 after a recording of Canadian Slag...Protoman also took a dive and got one as well...son of a bitch got his a week and a half before I did...*grumble grumble*... all and all a great figure for something fan made.

WST Movie Preview Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker...ok...maybe it's WST Powered Convoy...I don't fudgin' know these things don't come with "official" names so I'll consider him Movie Preview to go with the larger one I still plan on getting. Either way a nice representation of both characters and as perfect a mold as Heero's G1 coloured version.

WST Shining Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker. Well had to get the third version of the full Ultra Magnus mold and just like his "big brother" this version too also has a solid coloured cab amongst the overwhelming uric acid coloured clear yellow trailer. Always wondered why they didn't just make the original version's cab clear plastic too but my guess is because of the die-cast in the cab...wouldn't have been a problem here though as there is no die-cast. Bah well...missed opportunity for improvement.

WST Glow-in-the-Dark Ultra Magnus (2010) - By Heero Toys Maker. This one was annoying to get...first one got lost in the mail, had to order a second...blah blah...but once I finally got my hands on him I knew it was worth it. He's an awesome little piece that glows QUITE bright in the dark. I wish I was better at taking pictures so I could have captured that in action but it's really more of something one needs to see in person to fully appreciate.

WST Nemesis/Nucleon Quest/Nonsensical Ultra Magnus (2011) - By Heero Toys Maker (I swear, this asshole has realized that if he makes anything with this mold, there's at least one dick in Ontario willing to buy it). Now this Ultra Magnus...I don't know WTF is going on with him. The cab is Nemesis like with the red windshields...but he's got Autobot symbols so maybe Nucleon Quest? But then we get to the trailer and...well it's mostly Powered Convoy in colour...but with the legs and chest piece now red, and head and missiles now blue...he's a homage to nothing...absolutely NOTHING Ultra Magnus related that I know of. He makes no sense at all, and for once...I think I like him more because of that fact.

WST Monochrome Black Ultra Magnus (2011) - Made by...same guys who made the other five damn it...this one though is pretty F'n sweet. I'll admit I coined the "monochrome" name for him but it really is suiting. Comparing colour schemes between him and the original, what was red before is now black, what was blue is now dark blackish grey, and what was white is now a lighter shade of that dark blackish grey...I know...it's hard to describe :P But the effect is really cool and if not for the stickers would capture the monochrome feel entirely.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-31-2011 at 11:11 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.