Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Exclamation Lead times & insurence claims for Canada Post

So basically, I've got a couple of things in transit right now that're taking longer than most (at least in my experience when it comes to sending shit to the States), and in case they end up not being delivered & I end up having to refund people their money, I'm curious to hear if any of you have gone through filing claims with CP, how they went, and ultimately what I should do to avoid being screwed into not receiving a service that I paid for (aka, my shit going to the people I'm sending it to).

Also, before this topic turns into yet another an obligatory frenzy of "Canada Post lost my childhood!!!" comments, please understand that it's not my intention at all (part of why I didn't just bump another), and that I'd really like to avoid that type of shit in here because it doesn't help anyone.

With that outa the way, here's what's going on. One of them that's only going 6 hours away to WA hasn't arrived in almost 12 business days (the long ETA end), another that's being tracked hasn't moved from Vancouver in over a week (which is funny because it also says that it's entered a foreign country without any mention of customs or even being in the US yet), and the others haven't been in the pipeline long enough to raise an eyebrow yet.

... now, I understand that surface shipping is gonna fluctuate quite a bit & I'm used to waiting well over 2 weeks for things to get to me, but I'm curious to know if this is normal for you guys (stuff's usually been within the low end of the ETA but maybe I've just been lucky), and if it's not, what have you done in terms of getting your coverage to apply/get a refund on postage + declared values.

Like, I know there's a phone number that I'm supposed to call, but any information from people who're not part of the system will be appreciated, especially since I doubt I'm the only one who's contemplating have to go through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.