Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #42
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
If you feel like they cost too much, wait for a sale. If you're afraid of missing a figure by doing so, but unhappy with paying full price, sorry? Demand has dictated that Hasbro can charge this much and get away with it. Someone else would buy it if you hadn't, and that's why you had to. But you didn't have to, because toys are a luxury. You wanted the figures enough to pay for them, so Hasbro wins. Vote with your wallet. If you're unhappy, DON'T BUY IT.

Your points are fine and most are valid, but you seem to miss one fundamental thing.. why are we on this forum?
And remember that the question was "If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd..." in reference to the OP's first comment being about overpricing in toys, and most replies from members have been that yes, toys and anything that's now considered collectable is overpriced and it's getting worse.

To tell anyone that loves (has a passion) for collecting something and tell them "don't complain or don't buy" is a very simplistic view on it as we are collectors here, at least last time I checked. I don't understand the opposition against people stating that they find that prices are getting ridiculous, and quite a few have stated that they are now considering or actual getting out of collecting because of this.

That's like telling someone that cannot afford it to suck it up and not have a collection.... I'd rather see reasonable prices.
Note that I collect other items, and those can be much more overpriced so I seldom get any, but those are (most are anyways) true collectables as opposed to what Transformers are, children's toys...

I would agree with you a lot more IF we'd be talking about the MP or such.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.