Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #21
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Toy Fair 2017 Titans Return / Generations showroom images

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
That is most unfortunate. I guess I will have to buy the sets and ditch the figures I don't want but I honestly hope you are wrong

I hope I am wrong too. In the Speed set, I would be down for Quickswitch and Fastlane. But titan master Rodimus Prime, Laser Prime and Nautica are easy passes. I know Nautica has a rabid fan base, I assume from IDW, but I have no connection to the character in the slightest. I can't justify 150, plus tax, for, essentially 2 figures. People say sell what you don't want. You would likely get a Nautica buyer, but I bet the Rodimus and that terrible looking Laser Prime would rot in your toy bin lol.
Then we have the BBTS set, which will be more expensive again. And from that a titan master Thunder wing...I mean....why? Then Tidal Wave, that really looks nothing like him, so again, might or might not be able to resell it. Admittedly, Ginrai, or Magnus Prime if you will, looks cool, as does Metalhawk from Triggerhappy, and Pounce. But all in all, that set will likely be well over 200 bucks.
Can anyone explain the financial sense of this to me? I must be missing it. Especially considering we will likely get at least 2 more boxsets of that same price point to cover Godbomber, Cloudraker and Wingspan. BOOM! Better part of a 700 dollars for a total of about 8 or 9 worthwhile figures.
Maybe if the boxsets made sense I could dig it. Like put a set with Ginrai and Godbomber out and then do a four pack with both sets of clones in it. That at least would make sense to me and I would likely be able to justify the purchase. I dunno about you guys, but boxsets largely rotted on shelves here. Our TRU STILL has the planet of funk clash and like 6 Victorions. Not to mention I have seen a G2 Bruticus and one Computron gathering dust elsewhere.

Last edited by GotBot; 02-19-2017 at 09:14 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.