Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #506
SMOG
zombicon
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
For me, I guess I am burned out on Megatron and if I am looking for a good ol EVIL character, I get it more out of a Fallen release, or Bludgeon, or Thunderwing, or hell Unicron.
Bludgeon and Thunderwing are cool, and it's nice we've gotten few Shockwaves in recent years... however deluxe-class leaders always feel like partial fails to me, sadly.

As for Megatron... how burned out can you be? He looks totally different in 90% of the fictions anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Imo, Leader Animated Megatron is the coolest recent version of the character. It looks like something.
Yes, this... absolutely. So tired of bullshit Cybertron modes that don't look like anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
What about WFC Megatron?

Prime Megatron's Robot Mode is pretty sensational though, I find it has a lot of character. The head design screams Megatron to me. Just a shame the alt-mode is a bit too abstract.
WFC Megs is a great design, within the WFC pre-Earth context. I think the robot mode really evokes a nice fusion of essential Megatron traits. The alt-mode... well... I guess it's sort of a tank. Almost. Now make WFC Prime and Megatron VOYAGERS, and we'll be talking.

I'm not sure about Prime Megatron. I mean, the helmet is right. The manner fits. He's all steel grey, which is nice... but I think that's it. He's a bit too monsterface for me. I realize they're trying to create a co-mingling of traditional and Movie-style elements, but all those rounded forms and hook shaped motifs feel off to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoath View Post
Why waste time with Megatron when you have Starscream?
I do think Starscream needs more respect. At least he usually gets a voyager figure every now and again (where's my Voyager Classics Seekers, dammit?).

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.