Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #21
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: New Toys Prices Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I disagree with this. Some of the engineering is tops. Some is garbage. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER LINE SINCE CLASSICS STARTED.

Just because something is more "complicated" doesn't make it "better." Movie leader Prime, step up! Now, does Earthrise Prime look pretty great? Yeah, although, the trailer, not so much.

I think the current datsun is mediocre. Those feet are terrible. The CHUG datsuns are fucking great toys. Voyager Jetfire remains a great toy even if Siege is an amazing size we never had before. Not so impressed with a lot of the Siege toys. It is what it IS. The engineering/paint is not suddenly ten dollars more toy. Not a chance. There are still widespread QC or design issues. FOr ten bucks more a small deluxe, come on. For forty dollar voyager, why are Grapple and Apeface entirely prone to snapping pegs?

Because it is "more G1" I get why that appeals to fans. I'm not necessarily super into G1 toon accuracy. T30 Springer remains the superior toy to me, both engineering and aesthetics. That's also subjective, but siege Springer does little for me, and almost every friend who kept theirs has had something break or go loose immediately, or is terrified during transformation.

Meh.

The price increase is stupid and dumb.
Yes, there is always good and bad figures in every line, but overall Siege is a lot better than classic in my opinion, especially how they look. The Classic Datsun that I have falls apart a lot and I don’t like the proportions, plus they also have more empty space in between in robot mode, so there is pros/cons on both versions. It really depends on which ones you prefer. There are some that I rather keep the original classic, Hound for example... but most will be replace by Siege with obvious reasons. If price is a concern to the collector, they can just keep the original classic and avoid buying the new ones like how I react when the line just came out in the beginning.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 03-25-2020 at 09:32 PM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.