Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #18
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise
Re: Just bought a Sky Lynx with missing accessories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
I just got a Sky Lynx at Woodbridge TRU and got home and noticed...the tape has already been cut. Opened it up and noticed the weapon parts and blast effects were missing.

In my excitement I foolishly cut the strings holding the Lynx down, and the bird was already loose, did I just pay full price for a pre-owned copy? lol

From the reviews it seemed those blasters weren't the best accessories but still, I feel cheated. I paid the extra 10$ from them bumping it up too! Is there anyway I can return it now, or should I just suck it up and keep it? The figures themselves are fine at least, tho the bird's left wing is loose.
Unless you absolutely have to have Sky Lynx now and don't mind the missing accessories (which does not seem to be the case as you said you feel cheated, and rightly so), I'd recommend bringing it back with receipt and explaining the situation and asking for a refund.

There will probably be more opportunity to purchase this again in the coming weeks and months. Perhaps ask Manager or Sales Leader to see if they can keep an eye out for you for new stock of Sky Lynx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Guessing someone bought it, pillaged it for parts and returned it.
That's most likely the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
You could always hold it for 30 days and see if you can find another one. I'm sure there will be lots more, it's just the initial release where everyone is buying them up.
If you wants to return it for a refund, I'd recommend doing so as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more dubious your case (missing accessories) would seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Can you ask for a discount for an incomplete toy?
You could ask, but they're very unlikely to grant it. They will rarely mark products down by customer request because it encourages dishonest customers to damage products on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I bet there haven't been too many of those returned to Woodbridge in the last week, I'm sure the Manager could check and see who returned it and trace them back through their Credit Card. Perhaps they cannot charge the Jerk, but the very least keep an eye on future returns from the suspect.
Yes, they'd be able to check on their cameras.

Hope that helps, Brian12.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.