View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #16
mcfmullen
Generation 2
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Good points,

Also bothersome is that at no point anywhere is Blitzwing, Shatter or Dropkick given names. As Starscream Fiancee pointed out, though it was great to see Decepticons as well rounded characters, something gets lost for the average fan in needing to say the "blue dude" or the "crazy red missy". A small gripe but I could see it causing a disconnect for the average moviegoer.

Everything with Memo was awkward, clunky and generally unnecessary, as was Bee stumbling around the house. He just came from a war zone and has no better sense than to be delicate?

Charlie getting on the secret military base...really? That's all it takes? I know high schools with better security lol.

The fight with Dropkick was awesome. I'm still not sure how Bee survived and Shatter...I dunno...got crushed? Vanished?

Finally, if this is in the Bayverse, as Travis Knight has said himself, then why was Earth depicted by Optimus as a new discovery? Was not Bee and Hot Rod there in 1944 or thereabouts? Also, since Megs was found in, what was It, 1897 and on ice since the 30's then why, exactly, did Shatter and Dropkick not break him out?

I loved it and the average moviegoer will never ever nitpick all these things because the good credit the film builds and what it does right it does so amazingly well. You tend to let these things pass. Was it the best one ever? Nope, but it is taking leaps and bounds on the right direction after the last couple went off the rails a bit, in fact, it does so much right that I think most of us agree we want to see more of where this is going. I just hope it is not too little too late for the average moviegoer.
The inability to suspend your disbelief does not make it a logical hole. None of these are lacking in logic.

Megatron was chasing the Allspark. He wound up on Earth by accident. No one knew he was there. That's why dropkick and Shatter didn't go find him.

I hear you on the lack of names for the cons, but that doesn't detract from the logic of the movie.

It is made VERY CLEAR that it was not bumblebee and hotrod in WWII. If you recall, Bumblebee was repeatedly called B127. It is made crystal clear that there are several robots that look alike, they are model numbers.

OP does not present Earth as a new discovery, simply as a quiet world hidden away. Earth is clearly known by Transformers, just not many of them.

It stands to reason that the communication range of the bots is limited, as clearly mentioned by Dropkick and Shatter to the humans. Bee managed to communicate because there was an outpost on Saturn's moon, logically, I don't think they had a range beyond the solar system.

Optimus on the other hand, is trying to set up base. It stands to reason that he came equipped with tech to send his message to the stars... or even used equipement from S7. We are never shown him actually sending this message beyond a voiceover as they look at the sunset.

Last edited by mcfmullen; 12-30-2018 at 12:27 PM.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.