Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 03:11 AM   #1110
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Star Wars Episode VII Discussion (Spoilers Within)

The Force Awakens would have been far more fun if it had a bit more the like of this city of this from Guardians of the Galaxy. Amazing visuals - I think JJ abrams should be almost ashamed that Guardians of the Galaxy did a better job with setting than he did. Star Wars should have blown away, or at least matched, what other directors are coming up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

If you look at all time domestic box office and adjust for inflation, each film in the original series grossed more.
Money in my bank account doesn't get adjusted for inflation

I'd actually love to see something accounting for total number of tickets sold, as I think the OT would be up there based on it being in theaters for like 7 straight years plus the Special edition release in 1997 which added 138 million to the total.

Honestly, ticket prices are significantly more now compared to what I paid to watch Phantom Menace in 1999 on opening day. This whole 3D thing has added like $4 to every ticket sale, and prices were already up.

Anyway, as I said earlier the Prequels inspired multiple popular animated series, both of which won Emmy awards and had a significant amount of viewership. If people hated them that much we wouldn't have seen any of that.

Just to reiterate, the Prequels not being as popular as the OT doesn't make them bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi
Hayden does receive a lot of flack for his wooden performance in the PT. Some of its is deserving (he's not a very dynamic actor). But Terence Stamp, Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee, Natalie Portman...heck, even Samuel "Bad Motherfucker" Jackson...they all put in flat performances under Lucas' direction too.
One can say the same thing about the OT as well though. I actually know someone who laughed at Mark Hamill in ESB after he got his hand cut off and Vader told him he was his father because they thought his acting was so bad. In fact many pro reviews mention the bad acting in the OT. Personally I think the acting in the OT was better than the Prequels, but the Prequels were a very different type of story for better or worse, as has been pointed out.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 12-31-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.