Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #51
wedge1021
Energon
Re: TFcon Toronto 2014 Is On Now!

I attended Saturday - my first time ever to TFCon. I got there a bit before 9 so I decided to buy the early admission, and made a beeline to the A3U / Fansproject booth to see what what was new. I made a total impulse buy of Columpio, so I guess now I am collecting that line!

By noon I'd spent all of my budget and then some! But I'm happy with my purchases, pretty much everything was on my want list. I'm sure I would have ended up ordering them all online eventually, and this way I saved on shipping, taxes, etc.

I attended all of the afternoon panels except Sue Blu & Gregg Berger (unfortunately, had to grab some food). I've only been to a few fan conventions before, but never went to the panels, so it was neat to experience them. The Customizing Tutorial and the Aaron Archer Q&A were very interesting, and Garry Chalk & Neil Kaplan were a hoot. The 3rd party one was great - it was exciting to see the reveals live and in-person, to know that we were some of the first people to learn about some of those products.

A few more general comments:
- The dealer room was awesome, the best I've ever been to. Good layout, decent space in the aisleways, and a great selection.
- Polite and helpful staff, both for the event and the hotel.
- It was really cool to see how many people knew each other, how passionate everyone obviously was, and how diverse the crowd was.

Overall, I had a great time! I'd just finished off months of stressful work projects the day before, so it was a really welcome and timely opportunity to geek out and have some fun for a day. I went into it thinking it would just be a one-off event to say I'd been once, but now I'm already looking forward to next year!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.