Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #1622
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
This exclusive stuff is getting to be a pain. I managed to get thundercracker and skywarp and the decepticon clones late last year. Then the stores shut down, the website had nothing. Now I managed to get thrust and runabout online when their notoriously unreliable stock system said they where in stock at any store within 25km of my home. I'd order, they'd cancel and kept happening until one day they didn't and I got notice to go pick it up. Its been ridiculous and taken way too much of my time. I recently got back into collecting with this current trilogy but didn't know it would be this hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
You're preaching to the choir. It's been a royal pain. I hope many of the exclusives are recolored characters (galaxy shockwave, green general megatron) which are easy to skip. Core characters and molds have been a royal pain, particularly with the cancellations (looking at you Amazon!!!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Definitely agree with you. Recolors should be exclusives, not new molds or characters.

I agree with all of this. I've been cool with ignoring the EB exclusives because they're recolors and for the most part it doesn't bother me to not get "it's character X, but a different color!"

But the coneheads being exclusives are frustrating because they're a unique and relatively prominent character set that is not represented elsewhere.

I should be less frustrated about Runabout because he technically is a recolor of Runamuck, but Runabout is one of the rare characters I have a particular attachment to because it's one of the handful of random G1/G2 characters I had the toys of as a kid (I had the most awkward assortment of bots. Hot Spot, Swindle, and Blot but none of their teammates, Runabout, Optimus, 3 Throttlebots, G2 Grimlock, G2 Stalker, G2 Dreadwind and Smokescreen) and I get the biggest kick out of being able to have them across generations like that.

So the fact that it's so bloody difficult to get a character that shouldn't be a huge seller just because he's a) an exclusive and b) seemingly of limited distribution because of the pandemic and TRU's nonsense supply chain management is extra frustrating.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.