Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 09:22 AM   #236
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: I just transformed...

Transformed everyone from the recent Pulse sale

Selects Magnificus, if you have 86 Perceptor you know what to expect, he’s exactly the same
New face is cool, only complaints is a couple scuffs on the chest “dish” plate’s paint

SG Flamewar, I attempted this with my 1st copy, but previously duplicate parts prevented transformation, this time we are all good (and a noted highlight of a properly assembled figure? Realized that on my 1st copy, I didn’t know the bike had a muffler - it was on the side that was an incorrect duplicate of the other, natch)
My 1st time transforming the Legacy PrimeArcee mold, and I’ve got to say, it was challenging to figure out, 1st time in a while I gave up & followed the instructions - transformation is pretty damned tricky, and while it’s relatively rewarding to have finally completed the motorbike, the shapely thighs & upper arms still make this thing look like a mangled woman
Previously thought my 1st copy had paint scratches on the nippletips due to (idk, parts dragged across the floor in the manufacturing plant?), but now that I’ve done a full transformation, seems like those edges go hard against the back of the knees/calves, seems like a problematic zone for scratch damage regardless - if you’ve got a pristine Flamewar, I might avoid transformation, I figure those tips scratches are just a matter of time
All that said, the flame deco & colours are pretty cool
(energon half moon disc weapons are lame, supposed to be a big shuriken? But ofc can’t have those dangerous pointy tips on a kids product)
And red Pteraxadon is whatever, a pointless inclusion that only serves to grow my ptero-axe army

SG Slicer & Exosuit, I really like these
Transforming Slicer, a couple parts “didn’t go easy” (one of the ankle tilts didn’t want to settle back nicely, and tabbing the arms into place was rough, with the 2nd one feeling like it might pop out at a hair’s breadth), but that deco is f*cking gorgeous, and looks really slick in his alt mode - couple of sloppy paint apps surrounding the blue square on his chest, and a tiny bubble or two in his big bronze mug, but I’m sure that’s just my copy
The new weapons are pretty cool, with a weird joint in each because they peg into his alt mode’s butt and… curve around? It’s weird, but they’re new sculpted weapons, and one is double barrelled, so whatever, I like em - again my copy has some sloppy paint QA on the shoulder missile

Now Exosuit, this is honestly the big reason for this set for me - I love the mix & match element of the weaponizers, and this MFer rockin the red, black & pink deco is absolutely insane, looks great
Unfortunately my copy appears to have one or two spots of pre-stressed plastic, and not even restricted to peg/ports? One is just on like, a corner of a surface, looks weird like it was thrown against a wall - oh well, I’d probably sooner buy a 2nd copy anyways for more weaponizer parts

SG Blaster & Rewind, sculpt/accessories are exactly the same as Kingdom/Legacy Blaster so I’ll limit to just what’s different, the deco
Boy oh boys is that deep, rich purple they used, ever gorgeous! It’s so purple it’s almost BLACK, a shade we don’t normally see - and I could be wrong, but feels like it’s the actual molded plastic’s colour (doesn’t appear to be painted)
His actual face is painted so black, that it actually washes out his (lack of an) expression; it’s a shame they didn’t use the smirking face variant on this one, you’d think the evil version would have it?
Rewind is fine I guess, the forearm “blocks” are painted and all white, so I’d be slightly concerned about that chipping over time
The paint QA on his face is like, the ONLY paint QA on this whole figure/set for me, which I’m gonna chalk up to “thank god it’s only this”

SG UltraMagnus, YES, what a beast!
That new bone warriors skeleton man face helmet is the f*ckin BEST - I think a lot of promo/stock shots catch this thing dead on from the front, doesn’t really capture how cool this head is
The head swap for a proper CHUG DeltaMagnus is pretty inspired, though ofc depend how much you like/dislike the Kingdom Magnus mold - having acquired (SiegeMagnus, GalaxyOP, NetflixMangus) already, the parts-swapping playability only increases the more variants you have, imo
It’s a shame they ditched the dual leg guns in favour of that stupid f*cking sword - if you detach the blade from that dumb jointed “ball” handle, the blade’s hilt has a nub on it (designed to be held by LazerOP’s open-articulated hands), this means SG Magnus can’t even hold the smaller sword! You HAVE to have that stupid ball blade attached, espec when trying to attach it somewhere on the alt mode! So stupid - give me that pair of big boxy leg guns anyday
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.