Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Arrow Slave's Star Q Dino Team Review

The next review is about the Star Q Dino team.

Video review here: http://youtu.be/UfylUCK4_ZQ

Just like the Rescue team, legend says they were designed by TLC and sold to a china company that makes cheap kids toys.

Now this set is AMAZING... no need for a review really... just go and get it.

Alright, so they come with the Junkion Blacksmith's Infinity Warfare weapon sets... its decent, and there's a lot of playability from this. Just mix and match the weapons to create new ones. Dont mind the abomination I made in the pictures, you probably can do better haha ;-)

Now onto the figures themselves.

First up we'll start with the Brachiosaurus, I thnk it's a Brachiosaurus... I'm not too good with dino names... anyway if he is a Brachiosaurus, he's totally not to scale with his fellow teammates... but... scale never was a matter for combiner Transformers... Looking a you Protectobots... a Motocycle and an Helicopter dont scale much for limbs... Neither is a Space Shuttle and a Jeep, Bruticus! I digress, The Dino mode is good looking with decent articulations, the only thing that bothers me a bit is the waist. its unpegs incrediby easily, in dino mode only 2 small tabs holds the front of the dino to its back, and they unpeg really easily.

Brachiosaurus's robot mode now is pretty cool, a decent transformation, Lots of articulations, he would've been great for 2 small problems: first his Huge backpack, of the lot, he's got the bigger backpack, the whole dino head just stands there looking in the back, it's kinda wierd... but it's ok, he's got big feet with big heel spurs and so he stands perfectly and there's no chances for him to fall on the weight of his backpack. The second problem I'd say is the waist again. In dino mode it doesnt holds the front to the back of the dino, and in robot mode is about the same the top part barly holds the bottom part of the robot. Its less obvious in robot mode but still there. Otherwise he's pretty decent.

Next up is the Stegosaurus, his dino mode is pretty nice, I really like it. He's well articulated, and beside a few joints of the legs i had to tighten a bit with a screw driver, there was no major problems with it. If I had to be nit picky about the dino mode, I'd say the front legs, for transformations purpose they revert inside the body, but while in dino mode, they tend to "bend" inside as if they'd want to transform and go inside the body automaticaly. The "pin" joint or Hinge that flips the legs inside is incredibly loose. I'd need to look up the internet how we can tighten an Hinge joint.

Ok first off, the Stegosaurus's robot mode, let's talk about the obvious, in the photo, yes he does have the waist backward, he was missassembled during the production. it's not a big problem, you only have 2 screws to remove at the knees, and switch the legs and it's done. The mod doesnt mess with the transformation at all. After the video I made the modifications and he's all good. Next up the transformation is pretty similar to the Brachiosaurus, it's nice and fun. Another problem here with the Hinge joints of the Dino head on the side of his knees... both sides, the head is incredibly loose and flops around. now in robot mode it's not a big problem at all... but in combined mode, as he makes a leg, the heads are upside down and the fall down flat on the ground. Would love to have the head peg on the side or something... again i need to look up a way to tighten the hinges.

Triceratops now. Dino mode is great... well articulated, like all the other dinos, he's got super tight joints everywhere... he's a nice all around... if I had to be again really picky for him, i'd say his front and back legs seems a bit to close to each other but thats it really.

As for the Triceratop's robot mode, the transformation is pretty easy, basically just standing him up on his back legs, flip the mouth open and open the ribs panels open like wings, then it's basically it. If you want you can leave the rib panels as he is in dino mode, it doesnt bother the movement at all. it just makes him a bit chubby, but he wont have the wings backpack. Still he's a great looking robot. I kinda find it a bit Fugly to have such a huge helmet on his head but... meh... its not the worst i seen in the world of TF.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.