View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: It's UPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Which sets out of curiosity?
The Autobot Command Center, the U.S.S Vengeance, the Arashikage Dojo, the Ghoststriker, the Firebat Attack, the Outpost Defense and a few more BAT and Eel single pack troop builders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
omg remind me never to by from you ever... come on the custom fees are not his fault... just shaking my had im disgust...
Really? The fees are not his fault? Granted I well expect there to be custom fees, I'm not a total idiot, however you don't seem to understand where my frustration came from.

I paid him 170$ TOTAL before taxes for the items in question. When he filled out the form or when the moron at the UPS counter put the detail in, they listed three units with a unit price of 170$ US each, bringing the total that I was charged GST and Brokerage Fees on to 510$ US which transferred into 613$ CND.

I was basically overcharged on the import fees into Canada by UPS and the CRA. I paid way more than expected and unless the seller is willing to help correct these values I am out no small amount of change.

I got frustrated and misunderstood what happened, it happens to everybody who doesn't have all the facts, I didn't have time to try and figure out what happened fully before explaining myself.

In the immortal words of fictional fan favorite, I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I would hope that they'd fix them.

I am fully willing to accept the blame for being too emotional and upset at the time, and so now I don't see the seller being as cooperative had I approached informing him as to what happened with a cooler and more informed head. That's totally on me.

This one incident does not make me a bad person to do business with, I've had tons of successful transactions and treat all of my customers with respect. To think that a single incident where I'm the buyer rather than the seller reflects on all of my online business is rather single minded and stereotyping. We all react with our emotions at times, especially where our finances tend to be involved, and on such a large scale level as this.

I don't typically do a lot of business with cross boarder shopping. It isn't my forte when it comes to knowledge, especially since I stopped using BBTS.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to get some feedback posted up for one of my buyers. If you'll excuse me.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.