Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #15
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: TFcon Toronto 2017 Feedback Thread

This was a good TFCON and I found a lot of stuff.

I agree with the other posts that the prices in US dollars were a bit annoying. I actually asked the guy at Captured Prey if the prices were in US because I couldn't believe they were real so wasn't taken by surprise. I don't know why they weren't upfront about that because as soon as I knew that I discovered they still had some good deals despite the exchange rate and the tax.

If organizers don't want to demand everybody sell in Canadian dollars (and I can see why they might not given it could drive some sellers away) I think they should at least demand that sellers post clearly that prices are in US dollars as well as the exchange rate they are using. This is just fair and will give con attendees the heads up to get out their phones, turn the calculator on and figure out the real price, which while annoying is still doable.

My bigger concern this year was that I think the venue is now just too small for the event. I know it would be a big headache to find another location but there is now no parking (its certainly harder to find than in previous years), the second dealer room is nice but I think those dealers lost out on foot traffic and things just felt like they were holding together but not as well as in previous years. I think this was just growing pains, nothing was wrong with the organization of the con a bigger space was just needed.

My two cents anyway.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.