Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
Jones
Machine War
Re: TFcon Toronto 2017 Feedback Thread

Here's my two cents...

Good:

• Dealer room was much easier to get around in this year. Not sure if it was because attendance was down, or because aisles were wider since they had the additional dealer room space opened up, but it was nice to walk with ease around the dealers.

• Tons and tons and tons of Masterpiece and 3P products, and many dealers offering very fair prices. Picked up the elusive Fanstoys Spotter to finish off my '84 Decepticon series 1 cast shelf. Also got XTB Krank (Huffer) at a fantastic deal from the KFC booth.

• People were just as friendly and awesome as always! Had lots of laughs and finally met the legendary Guber after attending for 6 years and missing the chance every time. Good to meet you, Guber! You're a super nice guy.

Bad:

• The food at Quest Bar this year was just 'ok'. It's been far better. I had the poutine, same as I did last year for lunch, and it was not nearly as good. Fries were cold and gravy looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a half hour. Not impressed.

• Like I said, MP and 3P selection was fantastic, but where was all the other stuff this year? Did not nearly see as much movie line & generations product as we have in years past. I get that it's just what the dealers bring with them, but it was unusual compared to previous years.

• Was confused about the group fan photo that was planned for 6:20pm on Saturday. Was looking forward to finally being able to take part in this, after missing out every other time I've attended, but 6:20 came and went and there was no word on when or where it was happening. Even asked some of the volunteer crew, and they didn't know. Not sure if this was scrapped, or I just missed it, but it was disappointing.

As always though, the day was a lot of fun. Got the things I was hunting for, met some great people, had some laughs, and enjoyed the panels. I'm looking forward to TFCON 2018 already!
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.