Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 04:58 AM   #38
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
But when the deluxe class figure was boosted by $10 and it's really a "Legends+" figure then you can't really call it a deluxe class... Heck Shockwave is a Voyager not a $70 Leader class... They can use wtv fancy name they want but we're the stupid naive ones believing in what they say and trying to justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Not when you have a deluxe (or other class)that is vastly superior in quality and design.

Example...
RiD Twinferno wing plane vs a movie plane like Terradive.

or even better
my previous example of the Megatron wing.. Same figure, new head and paint which are NOT a true improvement, and yet, 10$ difference.. Over what? A box over a card and bubble?
OK can either of you tell me the specific point where a figure is allowed to be called a deluxe and when it's not? I really didn't know there were specific and not just arbitrary rules to this outside of what it says on the packaging.

Is it height, parts count, girth?

Honestly, I have no idea what a Megatron "wing" is, so you'll have to be less opaque in describing what figure you mean. But regardless, it's hardly a new thing to repackage reissues of old figures and charge more. Those who have the original can pass on it, and those who don't have an opportunity to get it. It's just like reissuing the G1 stuff.

There have always been small and large deluxes and small and large voyagers, etc. Have you seen the size of Animated Lockdown? He's almost the same height as ultra class Onslaught. Would you label him a voyager or an ultra figure? No, he's a deluxe.

If it's priced as a deluxe and labelled as a deluxe, guess what? It's a deluxe. It may be an overpriced deluxe. It may be a very tiny sized deluxe. It may be deluxe that doesn't give you good bang for your buck, but what ever you choose to label it in your head, officially, it's a deluxe, and it's priced as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

But anyways, if you want to justify the price increase and are set that it's ok with you, then what can I say?
Dude, did you even read what I've been saying? I'm not trying to justify anything. I've just been stating facts and pretty much agreeing with you in terms of what they've been doing to the size of some of the figures.

I'm just not agreeing that you can just arbitrarily say a figure is or is not of a size class based on what you think instead of how it's officially labelled on the package, especially when you're comparing prices from today vs prices in the past.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.