View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Grimlock Unleashed Kreo Set Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Why doesn't it "transform"?
Or can somebody make some instructions on how to unofficially "transform" this into bot mode?
Officially, I think Hasbro is focusing more on selling Kreons these days instead of 2-1 sets. All of the AoE sets do not feature new heads or joints for building robot modes for any of the figures, and the Dinobots, much like the Predacons from Beast Hunters, seem to be relegated to brick-built dinos that don't actually transform.

It's possible their marketing team tested new 2-1 builds and found that their focus groups and the like just weren't interested any more.

It's also possible that they decided to omit that feature because of Construct-Bots. I'm not sure, all I know is that the cheaper sets suffer due to this, because of lack of parts and simpler looking Dino builds, while the larger sets are more like LEGO now being playsets for the Kreons to interact with compared to buildable Transformers, who knows, if SDCC reveals next years sets return to the 2-1 builds it could just be for the movie line, if not... Kreons are the main selling point and Hasbro's ditching the brick built 2-1 model, which may or may not be a good thing design wise.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.