Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 AM   #27
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator: Q/C Issues Lookout/Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
My concern would be melting the tab that way. It is a delicate tab. Hairdryer may be and just Needlenose while the plastic is warm? Maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
I would try both. Hair dryer to soften the general area and the heated pliers for more targeted softening and deforming. I advise lots of patience. Steadily increase the heat through repeated attempts as the melting point of this plastic is quite low and it'ss actually quite easy to burn.

I don't believe heated pliers alone is sufficient as these plastics are poor conductors of heat. You may end up melting one part of the tab while the other part stays cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
If it doesnt affect the transformation my best suggestion would be to leave it as is.

Those tabs can be quite fragile, given how small they are. And it looks like any modification runs the risk of it snapping off.

However, if youre feeling lucky, Gobot’s suggestion above could help improve it. But Id tread with caution and go slowly.

Try heating it either with warm water or the blow dryer method (no more than 30 seconds at a time) then pinching it delicately with some pliers while running cooler water over top or using the cool setting on the blow dryer. Repeat as necessary and hopefully that tab will look a little better!

Cover with some Future Floor polish, instant glue or clear nail polish to add an extra layer of protection from further stressing.

All the best with the bot

*** oops, posted just after OldOfflineMan ... His method is a little more succinct than mine
Gentlemen, thank you kindly.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find a YouTube video on this subject.

Will give you an update on what happens, might be something to do this upcoming long weekend.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.