Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 12:36 AM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

I thought Bumblebee was a lot of fun. I like how it bridges some gaps between G1 and the Bay films while attempting(and I think succeeding) to please both audiences.

Our title character carried the film well. Much of it is slightly reimagined angles to the character from the 2007 Bay film, but making Bee a bit more empathetic and less cocky was a good move.

Cybertron scenes were alright, bordering on good. The unresolved(at the time) Prime cliffhanger on Cybertron was kinda pointless. It needed one more flashback scene to make it cohesive.

Kinda gotta stretch a bit on the Shatter/Dropkick arc of the film logic wise. But I think I can do the stretch.

I really enjoyed all the little references. The big Judd Nelson influence. A certain Sector 7 agent cameo. All the bot cameos on Cybertron and beyond.

I liked Charlie, her character arc was well thought out. Everything she was or did made sense in the confines of the story being told. Clearly these were little Travis Knight nuances that Michael Bay isn’t good at. I liked John Cena as well, he fit in great.

I still love the 2007 Transformers film the best of the live action entries, but this fits all in well in a really fun way. Hopefully this film is successful and it leads to bigger and better things.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.