View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #29
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Opposite Opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
snip..

Since we are talking about opposite opinions... I am going to say something `blasphemous` on this board... I know everyone is crazy about the G1 figures... but I don`t really care for them, even though I like the original TV show very much. Those original G1 toys have such limited posability, limited playability, and limited transformation that they just don`t do much for me. I like the Universe and Generation lines representation of those G1 figures though... much better playability. I don`t keep TFs in boxes, I play with them. So having fun transforming or posing a scene is all that counts for me.

snip...

There, I`ve said it. Having said all that, I totally respect the love other members here have for G1s and other figures. I think it`s cool that everyone could be into different types of TFs and for different reasons. It makes the community interesting. I respect your opinion too if you think my verbage above is rubbish... that`s cool...
Well said.

Engineering wise. G1 can't hold a candle to the new stuff. I remember when getting Metroplex to stand spread legged and Scattershot to crouch was awesome posability. BUT I don't think collecting G1 is about the posability and stuff. It's about the charm and simplicity of the figure. Plus they make really cool paper weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Jetfire is the only character who's Classics version is significantly worse than his original G1 toy.
Really? I own both and it's not even close. Have you tried a split leg pose with G1 Jetfire? I mean G1 Jetfire is one of most posable G1 figures, but it still isn't up to snuff with most of the modern stuff.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.