Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #3481
pandagfx
Generation 1
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Shipped but no updates. I know about CP not doing updates on SAL which is fine but there are a few other sites that do track when it at least hits Canada. Average is two weeks according to JP but it's pushing 3 and still allegedly in Osaka
SAL is generally OK and reliable from Japan, normally takes about 10-14 business days to arrive in Canada. However, if I'm shipping Masterpiece transformers or anything over $60, I'm not gonna chimp out again just to save approx. $10 bucks.

My last SAL order was shipped in August, and it stalled for 10 weeks (shipped out from Japan, probably was sitting out somewhere in Vancouver port). Your vendor (NY, HLJ, Amiami, Anime Export, etc) can't initiate investigation until at least 2 months, so any polite requests for assistance is moot. After investigation begins, expect another 2 months to go by hearing nothing. During that total 4 month wait, if your item was a limited production, guess what, have fun buying another one in after-market prices.

Luckily, I did get my item at the 10 week mark (which is still considered normal for SAL shipments), but man, there were times I had to keep monitoring other sites for the item, just in case I wanted to pull the trigger and buy a backup.

Doesn't matter who you buy from. If you choose to go with SAL, just don't expect much useful help tracking your item.
pandagfx is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.