Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 77 - Happy Happy Happy Christmas

They really should repaint beast figures for these "Year of the..." exclusives. I'm sick of all these big, ugly Optimus repaints. But I'd totally buy a 12-pack of zodiac beast repaints. Heck they could probably just remold RiD Megatron slightly and come up with a couple more bullshit alt modes and he could be all of them in one figure.

Top Hasbro/Takara releases.
1. Metroplex - Just the size of this guy is impressive. Why couldn't this guy have come out during the Armada trilogy? Then you could have loaded him up minicons all over the place. He does have a few issues, though, at least on mine. His knees always seem to want to bend backwards and his visor never wants to stay up. I may just remove it one day. And just overall, other than his shoulders, all of his joints could have been a little tighter. Also, because I have the Canadian version, no phrases. Thanks, Quebec!
2. Springer - Just an amazing figure. I love the aesthetic. I love the transformation. This is the kind of figure I wish all triple-changers could be. I wish I picked a couple extras up when TRU had them on half price because now I want to repaint him as that Cloud Hot Rodimus and that BW Dinobot custom that Cheetimus did.
3. Hoist - I chose Hoist over Trailbreaker because I think for their size, even though they're traditionally the same mold, Trailbreaker should be bigger. I've always though of Trailbreaker as a voyager sized character. So I think the mold works much better as Hoist than Trailbreaker.
4. AM Leo Prime - Technically this guy came out at the tail end of last year, but I think most people didn't get him until 2013. I love him. I still don't own the original Thundertron or upcoming black repaint, but I already know this guy is the best version of this mold so far. Plus he comes with a Moon minicon. I just wish some third party would come out with a Prime head for him. It's not like they couldn't repaint it for Thundertron as Magnus and Go as Nemesis.
5. Arms Micron - Just Arms Micron in general. I wish this is what Armada was originally. Minicon partners that transform into weapons instead of just useless little cars that let you unlock existing gimmicks inside the main figure. Plus you can combine them together to create custom super weapons.

Third Party
1. Hexatron - Easy. Obviously I'm a fan of Sixshot. I wish he was a little simpler actually. Some of his transformation points seem to be there just for the sake of making it more complicated.
2. Chaos Paladin - Looks badass, but a little too loose.
3. TFcon exclusives Prototype X and Z - Whatever their names are. I really dig these 2. There's just fun and solid little figures. Perfect for fiddling with. And I like that you can swap their chests to be toy accurate or card art accurate. But I'll never swap them again. What a pain! Ouch!
4. TFcon Roswell - I love her little ray gun. But she could have use a couple more paint apps.
5. TFcon Van Guardian - Could have used a lot more paint apps. And I really wish he was all silver in alt mode instead of just grey.

The Bad
3. Sandstorm - I think the hype overshadowed the figure here. Springer was so amazing and Sandstorm did less with the same mold.
2. Blitzwing - OMG! What a disappointment! I always loved Blitzwing and I've been waiting for a Classics version ever since the original Classics Astrotrain. This should have been as awesome as Springer. But due to a lot of poor design and QC issues, he's just a real pile of shit.
1. The TFCC TFSS - Aside from Scourge, Ultra Mammoth, and Slipsteam, the figures in TFSS 1.0 and 2.0 are complete crap. Not to mention all the delays and controversy surrounding it.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.