Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #77
CBII
Animated
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Quote:
Originally Posted by papavader View Post
To be frank, and this is not a diss a you or Costco for that matter, while what you say maybe true, they still ask for a membership. Whaterever the reasons, Its that idea That I don't like. Everywhere else I know upfront what I pay and know I can walk in there anytime without having to be a member. It's the principle of fhe thing, really. I feel that I am getting ripped off if I pay for a membership. It has nothing to do with economics. And I don't hate Costco, it is what it is. If others are ok with it, it's fine!
If you don't like it don't shop there. It's simple.

Personally as a family of 5 Costco is our almost exclusive go to for most groceries. The executive membership is where it's at. $110 for the year. Holy shit you say...well my 2% cash back every year for the last 5 years has been almost $200. I use that to pay the membership and in this case reduce the cost of my Devy....so I'll be paying less then $100 out of my pocket. This math makes perfect sense to me. I could ramble on for pages about the benefits of shopping at Costco...cheap, gas, groceries, meat, batteries, eye glasses, beer (if you have a costco liquor store there prices are unmatched any where), wine, $1000's of dollars in saving and just awesome random stuff like tfs for example. Now as a single person it might NOT be worth it and I get that, but if you have a family it's pretty much foolish to not have a membership....unless you just don't like money or something (this only applies if you have a Costco near by, cause if you don't then you have no choice).

LOL this seems appropriate right now.

But to get back on track I'd suggest group buys. Someone in your region must be willing to meet up at a Costco and buy it for you.

Last edited by CBII; 07-15-2015 at 05:15 PM.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.