Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #9
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: getting into gundams

Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
For the record, I wasn't saying the perfect grade line sucked, I love the pg series, I've built nearly all of them, and I'm still patiently waiting for a pg freedom to compliment my strike and strike rouge...I refuse to accept that it isn't going to happen! And No, the strike freedom isn't god enough! What I was saying was that they've been releasing them so infrequently, used to be they'd release a new one pretty much every year or so, but nowadays it's closer to one every 2 years or more and that makes me sad.
With the exception of the original Gundam show and Zeta which each has two PGs (RX-78-2, Zaku II, Mk-II, and Zeta), it's been one suit representing each series if it gets a PG ie. Wing Zero Custom, GP01, Strike, Red Frame, Strike Freedom, and 00 Raiser. (I think that's all of them.)

I doubt they are going to break that trend anytime soon. I think you're more likely to see a 00 Qan[T] for the 00 movie than the Freedom. My thoughts based on looking at the inner frame of the 00 Raiser and it seems like it's already set up to be adapted to be a 00 Qan[T]. And it's not like you can take the Strike Freedom and swap the weapons and get a Freedom out of it. They look very similar but like 50% of the parts would need to be changed. I mean that it's not something that can be done quickly and easily like the Strike to Red Frame, where the inner frame was almost identical. Also, since Unicorn is hot right now and they already have the prototype for the PG Unicorn designed, just too expensive to be made and sold right now, that is probably more likely to happen first.

And also, with so many lines and shows to support -current and future- I'm not surprised to see the PG line put on the backburner a bit.

But anyways, for Vancouver, there's the shop in Crystal Mall that is near Metrotown. They have pretty much a bit of everything from HG to PG and from a bunch of shows too. I like to buy from there if I'm in the Gunpla mood (which is rare) becuz I like to support that shop. Online you can try hobbywave.com. They have virtually everything and flat rate shipping to Canada for $18 no matter if it's one kit or a dozen.

It will be somewhat more expensive than going to amiami or HLJ and buying it directly from Japan.

Like others have said, you should start with a cheap SD or HG kit and just get the feel for it. It's not hard, but you will do a crappy job and better to do it on a cheap kit than a MG Wing Zero or whatever that cost $60.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.