Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: getting into gundams

Old school Gundam fan here (ie. UC era only, and mostly Zeon/Neo Zeon). I always buy my gunpla from HLJ when they have sale. Amiami is a bit flaky as I can't get tell how much they will charge for shipping. Buying directly from a Japanese shop usually save me some 20% than buying one locally from some hobby shops.

Also the price points for gunpla vary a lot even within the same grade or scale. 1/144 HG ranges from 300JPY to 28000JPY (That Massive 1 metre long GP-03 Dendrobium). 1/100 MG range from 2000JPY to 14000JPY.

I never got into PG. It's big but the details are not as good as MG.

Also FYI amazon.com and amazon.ca sell gunpla too. Prices are quite competitive. Just search for gundam and select amazon.com/.ca as the seller, so you don't buy from some resellers asking for ridiculous prices plus shipping.

I grow up building gunpla as a kid but it's quite a time consumer hobby. Even more so than TF. I have boxes of MG gunpla kit still in their boxes...

Also in case you didn't know, Bandai also produce the Robot Tamashii line for MS figures. They are readily made robot figures like TF. And there's also the high end FIX Figuration (GFF) and even higher end FIX Figuration Metal Composite, which is the MP equivalent for Gundam figures. They range from $100-200+

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 07-13-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.