Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
face
Spawn of Unicron
Re: getting into gundams

I can't speak for Calgary or saskatchewan, but Vancouver has a very large Gundam building community, once upon a time there was a shop called Gundam workshop that catered exclusively to Gundam modeling, but they closed about 5 years ago, sadly. Nowadays, Imperial hobbies in Richmond had a decent selection the last time I was there and site sponsor Ages 3 and Up in coquitlam carries Gundam kits at pretty good prices. I'm sure there are many more out there, but those are the ones I'm familiar with. If you ever find yourself in Edmonton, try out comex hobby in West Edmonton mall, they have a pretty good selection, but their prices are lousy.

As for prices, they really run the gamut, the 5" 1/144 scale models typically run from $20-40, while the larger, more advanced master grade models range anywhere from $40-150, depending on the mobile suit. The perfect grade series I think is mostly dead these days, but you can still get your hands on some of the older kits now and then, they range from $200-400 or so. If you're a total novice, I'd recommend getting a few smaller kits under your belt before you tackle one of the larger master grade or perfect grade kits.

Good luck!

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.