Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #342
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Ontario non sightings community chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I was talking with Protoman on FB about this.

If we lose TRU, online stores aside, Walmart will be our only option. Kmart and Zeller's are long gone, and Target crumpled like boxer with a glass jaw.
I think TRU need to change it's online business model. How many times have I seen, or heard of, a figure being in stores, but it's not online? Great current example, POTP Optimus Prime! It's not on TRU's web site last I checked.
They also need to start doing pre-orders. No offense to any of our sponsor online stores, but some your prices are crazy. I understand why, but I'm not paying $25 for a deluxe, plus shipping. If I could pre-order from TRU, at regular retail price, I'd have already done it for a few of the wave two POTP figures.
Yes, we know comic book stores pricing for regular Hasbro TFs can be a little pricey. But to be fair, they usually buy it from a different supplier, and they can't get the margin anywhere near TRU's/WM's level of buying power. Comic stores also carry newer/different packaging versions of toys too, that either TRU or WM may or will never carry (such as the comic book backed deluxes or CW Groove in recent years). The prices in that instance, are a little more justified.

I'm sure we take it for granted how convenient it is so just go for a TRU/WM run, while other collectors in Canada live nowhere near any of them, and have to resort to local comic book stores or the TRU/WM website as an only source to shop.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.